oily hair, dry hair… they unfortunately tend to do as they please..! To top it off, commercial hair care products generally only treat one problem at a time, whereas it is very common to combine them: a rapidly re-greasing scalp with dry ends and brittle.
The problem with industrial shampoos for oily hair is that they have an action on the whole hair. Except, hair is rarely greasy from base to tipno more than dry and split from the root.
It therefore seems obvious to deal with each problem in a targeted way. And in a natural way so as not to damage the hair.
Oily roots hair mask recipe
Routine recommended to prevent the hair from re-greasing too quickly:
- Use a mild 100% natural shampoo so as not to weigh down, attack and strip the scalp.
- Make the greasy root mask beforehand (recipe below) once a week maximum.
NB : If the hair is dry on the lengths, carry out the mask for dry ends in parallel with the oily roots mask.
- Green clay powder : regulates excess sebum and cleanses the scalp,
- Marshmallow powder : detangles, sheaths, beautifies and soothes the hair,
- Ylang ylang hydrosol : tones and makes hair shine,
- Rosemary essential oil : stimulates hair growth and gives tone to the hair fibres.
- In a bowl, pour 2 tablespoons of clay and 1 tablespoon marshmallow powder,
- Add the 2 tablespoons of ylang-ylang hydrosol,
- To add 5 drops of rosemary essential oil,
- To mix together until the mixture is homogeneous. If the mixture is too pasty, add a little hydrosol. On the contrary, if it is too liquid, add a little clay.
NB: avoid clay contact with stainless metal. The ionic interactions between the clay and the metal surface would cause a loss of the good properties of the clay. So prefer a small plastic spoon to steel spoons to prepare your mask.
- Spread the mixture on the roots,
- Leave on for ten to fifteen minutes,
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water,
- Proceed with shampoo.
- The clay is not recommended for people with high blood pressure because it enriches the blood.
- The mask is to be applied immediately after preparation, it does not keep.
Avoid re-greasing too quickly, additional advice:
- Use little shampoo : a small hazelnut is enough. No need to have a very thick foam for the hair to be properly washed!
- Rinse well to remove all the shampoo, with water that is not too hot.
- Finish rinsing with lukewarm water even cold to tighten the scales of the hair and give them shine.
- Do not massage the skull too much : the more the blood circulation is activated, the more the sebum rises to the surface of the scalp.
- Avoid combing or touching them too often during the day.