Like Google, Facebook also keeps a history of the searches you have done on the social network. But sometimes people pay less attention to it.
And since Facebook does not offer an “incognito” search mode (available on Chrome, Google applications, and even YouTube), we do not have the same reflexes when.
Yet, like the searches you do on Google products, the searches you do on Facebook can also include embarrassing information that someone else might accidentally stumble upon.
But the good news is that in the absence of private or “incognito” mode for research, Facebook makes it easy to erase history.
How to Clear Facebook Search History on PC?
On PC, your Facebook search history is available on its website, facebook.com.
- Once logged in, go to the homepage
- Click on “Search on Facebook”
- Your most recent searches appear, along with an “Edit” button. Press this button
- On the Search History page, you just have to click on “Clear searches”
- After your searches have been cleared, the page displays the message “Nothing to display”
How to Clear Facebook Search History on Mobile?
On mobile, the procedure is quite similar.
- Open the Facebook mobile app, then tap on search (the “magnifying glass” icon)
- In the search section, Facebook displays your recent searches, and a “See all” button. press below
- In the Search History section, you just have to press “Delete all”
Unfortunately, as mentioned above, Facebook does not provide private search functions. Therefore, if you do not want to leave traces, it is necessary to repeat this operation regularly, or each time you do a series of searches that you do not want to keep in the “recent searches” of your account.